Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NYC: MACY's Parade, la "Cabalgata" de toda la vida

Since it's my first year at US Country, I was wondering what kind of Holiday would Thanksgiving be? Near Christmas Day I thought it couldn't be so important, but I think for american people it is, and even more. 


Como es mi primer año en el continente americano, me preguntaba estos dias qué tipo de fiest sería El Dia de Acción de Gracias? Como está muy cercano a las fiestas navideñas no podía ser muy importante, pero para los americanos lo es, y aún más.

All people meet their families, airports are stuck, traffic jams around the cities, hopefully, this year the weather will be good, no snow, no rain, in most of the country. Of ourse I'm going to have dinner, the famous turkey, with very close friends, so lucky but not all the people are. I have asked some colleagues at work, far from their families, and they told me they was going to spend the day in NYC because their children wanted to see the Macy's Parade...so I looked up in different webs and I found out what was this Parade about, -i'm not going to explain too much, this video talks by itself, but remainds me "Three Wise Men Cavalcade" when I was a child, do you remember? ... Now, I understand how they feel! Enjoy!




Durante este dia, la gente se reencuentra con sus familias, los aeropuertos están desbordados, hay atascos alrededor de las ciudades, por lo menos este año hará bueno, sin nieve, sin lluvia. Por supuesto yo voy a cenar el tradicional pavo, con un grupo de amigos, soy afortunada! Algunos compañeros, lejos de sus familias, me han comentado que se quedarán en NYC, para disfrutar con sus hijos del Desfile de Macy así que he investigado un poco  y os dejo este video que habla por sí solo de cómo es este día, que me recuerda tanto a la Cabalgata de Reyes de cuando era niña, os acordáis? Ahora entiendo cómo lo viven...Dsifrutadlo!

When? Thursday November 22 at 9 am
Where? Down Central Park West from 77th St to Columbus Circle along Central Park South to 6th Ave, down to 34th st and along to Macy's Herald Sq.




                                    TTC.

1 comment:

  1. love your post, I haven't heard about that parade, so good to know!

    ReplyDelete